IPTV and its predecessors
You would have come across the abbreviation, IPTV in recent years. Netflix is an example of an IPTV. An IPTV service is nothing but a video content telecasting program that uses the internet to transfer files to the users. In cable or satellite television, you will need coaxial cables or satellites and radio waves to provide the content to the user. But you do not need this extra equipment in the case of an IPTV. An IPTV Boxar will be enough to receive the signals from a content hub and telecast the content via a device like a computer or smart television. Cable television will provide high-quality service when compared to other modes of transmission. However, it has some disadvantages over the other forms. So, to decide which model will suit your needs better, you should know the advantages and disadvantages of all these models before selecting one.
- You will receive high quality video service.
- A variety of channels will be available to stream.
- You will be able to get the service only if you have a cable operator in your locality.
- Getting a cable TV connection is the costliest streaming option when compared with OTT, IPTV, and satellite television.
- You cannot record any programs or replay without the help of another recording device.
You can have several channels like cable television.
Available in almost all countries and regions.
It is an affordable service that costs lower than a cable connection. Some channels can be streamed for free with general dishes.
You may not get clear content without interruption in some occasions.
Your connection will get interrupted due to natural factors like storms.
Regular broadcasting may cause interruptions.
Video-on-demand will need an extra device to record the programs.
Over the Top streaming
It is the most affordable streaming service that costs very low per month. You can use some free content streaming platforms like YouTube to enjoy content without any costs.
You can stream in any device like a TV, computer, laptop, and mobile.
There is a wide variety of content providers to choose from. You can select the provider based on their content and your interest.
Your content will be limited to the provider. You cannot stream an Amazon prime video on Netflix.
If your net connection is slow, you will experience buffers at times.
Some of your favorite TV shows may not be available on OTT platforms, and you may need to get a cable connection to see them.
Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
- Since it uses private content delivery networks, there will be less interruption during streaming.
- Only a broadband internet connection and a setup box are needed.
- Easy to install.
- Hotels, railway stations, resorts, and the likes can use an inter-property IPTV to guide the users or customers and advertise at times along with view-on-demand shows.
- You will need a high-speed internet connection to get uninterrupted streaming.
- It is quite costly only below cable television.